Monday, August 15, 2016

Book Review: Something More Than This

Author: Barbie Bohrman
Publication Date: 4/26/2016
Publisher: Montlake Romance
Genre: Romance
Source: I received this book via NetGalley for an honest review.
Review: Something More Than This by Barbie Bohrman has the cuteness factor down 100%. The lead heroine is Katy a girl who grew up with her brothers and is the type of chick that prefers football instead of cheerleading. Some may even call her a “Tom Boy”. Over all she’s a pretty girl who was undoubtedly in love with her childhood best friend Conner.
See this would have been cute but let’s just say that Conner breaks her heart. Luckily for Katy she meets a man named Dylan in college. He becomes her friend, confidant and, later on in life, Boss. Of course he also becomes the second man that she’s declared herself in love with.
I have to say that I’ve never read a story with a love triangle that had me wanting both men to be the women’s choice. Barbie Bohrman however has a sweet, loving and angst ridden novel that has you loving every single one of her characters. Conner was adorable, Katy was a girl that we have all been at one point in our lives, and Dylan was a man that we all wished we had waiting for us at home after a long day of work.
I will say that I enjoyed this book and I would definitely recommend it to a friend. It was simple, sweet and really captured my attention from start to finish. Sure, there were some spots that could have been left out but it was nothing that would have me drooling over my kindle almost knocked out from boredom.
All in all I would definitely read another book from Barbie Bohrman. I’m giving Something More Than This 4/5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment